Employee Benefits Summary
City of Batavia offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
Paid time off
12 paid holidays annually
- After 30 days of employment, prorated the first year of employment up to 2 weeks determined by hire date.
- 5 years of employment - 3 weeks
- 12 years of employment - 4 weeks
- 20 years of employment - 5 weeks
- Prorated the first year of employment up to 12 days determined by hire date
- 12 days available in January each year after
- Up to 6 sick days per year can be used for immediate family illness.
Personal: 1 personal day per year
Bereavement leave: maximum of 5 days
Insurance benefits offered
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois is our current health insurance provider. Includes prescription drugs coverage through Express Scripts. City of Batavia employees may select from three medical insurance options: Two preferred provider organization (PPO) plans, one is a HDHP with a generous HSA employer paid annual contribution and one health maintenance organization (HMO) plan. Includes prescription drugs coverage through Express Scripts.
- Telemedicine — You may speak to a doctor anytime through the Teledoc program, which provides access to U.S. board-certified doctors through the convenience of phone or video consults.
- Well on Target program — provides a convenient, secure website with personalized tools and resources such as health coaching, health assessments, and digital tools to track health information important to you.
- Discounts on gym memberships through Blue Access for Members — eligible for a variety of added discounts on gym memberships and other health-related products and services.
- Health Advocate & Member Rewards Program — offers cash rewards when a lower-cost, quality provider is selected from several options.
Costs Per Health Plan
|HMO||PPO Single 300/900 Family deductible||HPHP (PPO) w/HSA 3,000 Single/6,000 Family Deductible|
|Single Plus One||$89.54||$130.98||$105.90|
The vision insurance for City of Batavia employees is offered through VSP. Large network of providers available to provide convenience and value to employees and their families.
VSP Choice Network
|Employee Cost Bi-Weekly|
Single Plus One
Delta Dental PPO is the carrier that the City of Batavia employees utilize for dental insurance. Delta Dental PPO make it easy to protect your smile and keep it healthy, with the largest network of dentists nationwide.
PPO & Premier Network
Employee Cost Bi-Weekly
Single Plus One
Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to elect a fixed amount through payroll contributions on a pre-tax basis to pay expenses such as those not covered by medical or dental insurance, or day-care costs.
All full-time employees are provided a one times your annual salary life insurance policy and two times your annual salary AD&D insurance policy at no cost to the employee. Supplemental coverage is available for the employee, their spouse, and their children at employee cost.
Employees may elect additional accident and critical illness, and disability benefits.
Pension & Optional Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Contribution is 4.5% with City Contribution
- Optional Voluntary Additional Contribution
Publicly Safety Pension for Police & Fire
- Police Pension - Employee Contribution is 9.91% with City Contribution
- Fire Pension - Employee Contribution is 9.45% with City Contribution
Optional Deferred Compensations Plans
- Mission Square Retirement Plans:
- 457(b) - Pre-Tax & Roth Contributions
- Traditional & Roth IRAs
Other Employee Benefits
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Recognition Activities
- Educational Assistance Program
- Milestone Reward Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- LegalShield/IDShield Protection
* While most benefits are the same for all employees, and maintaining equal benefits across the City of Batavia is a strong value, there may be variances. Collective bargained employees, please refer to your individual agreements.