During the process of development, a number of permits are required through the city and other governments. Efforts have been made to keep this list current, the absence of any permits or forms does not imply they are not required by the city or any other entity. Additional permits can be found on the Engineering Guidelines and Checklist page. If you have any questions about these or any permits contact the Engineering Division.

Below are several, frequently required permit applications.

  1. Right of Way Permit
  2. Soil and Water Conservation Plan Review
  3. Sewer Connections / Extensions
  4. Permit / Construction Approval



Any project that would modify the right of way, temporarily or permanently. All projects that require digging within the right of way or street. For example, repair of a sewer connection, replacing a driveway, replacing sidewalk or connecting a sump pump.


For Homeowners:

  • Right-of-Way Permit - General (PDF) - This form is for general projects that involve work within the right-of-way, such as curb or sidewalk removal and replacement, street cuts, sump pump connections and utility improvement and repairs.
  • Right-of-Way Permit - Driveway Apron (PDF) and $47 recording fee, if applicable. This form is for driveway improvement projects that involve the installation, repair or replacement of a driveway apron.
  • Right-of-Way Permit - Service Walk (PDF) and $47 recording fee, if applicable. This form is to be submitted when a service walk is being repaired or replaced.
  • Right-of-Way Permit - Parkway Tree (PDF), if applicable. This form is to be submitted when the only right-of-way work is for the planting of a tree in the parkway.
  • A Plat of Survey highlighting the area in which the work will be conducted.
  • A copy of an IDOT and/or County ROW Permit, if applicable

For contractors (in addition to the Homeowner requirements):

  1. A $10,000 surety bond (PDF) or 1.5 times the estimate of the cost of work, whichever is greater being site specific by indicating the address of the job site or a $75,000 surety bond to perform and complete the work for a period of one calendar year from the effective date of the bond.
  2. An Insurance Certificate (PDF) naming City of Batavia as Additional Insured.

Who to Contact

Call the City of Batavia Building Department at 630-454-2700 for questions. Many permit applications are available online at Permits or Engineering Guidelines and Checklists. All permit applications are available at the Public Works Facility at 100 North Raddant Road or the Community Development Office at City Hall.