Is there an ordinance regarding noise?
Noise issues should be directed to the Police Department. In order to file a noise complaint, an officer must be notified at the time of the disturbance. Batavia has automotive regulations against vehicles causing excessive noise, as well as regulations against the operation of loud machinery during certain hours.

- Outdoor amplification of sound is prohibited from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday. (4-4-5)

- Animals causing a high and/or prolonged level of noise can be ruled as a disturbance. Any person in possession of such an animal can be charged with disturbing the peace. (5-4B-5).

To report nuisance noise during non-business hours, please contact the Batavia Police Department at 630-454-2500.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain an overnight parking permit?
2. I received an overnight parking ticket. How would I know I couldn't park on the street?
3. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
4. Can I get a copy of a vehicle accident report online?
5. Where/How do I pay my ordinance ticket?
6. How do I pay a traffic ticket?
7. How do I check the status of my traffic ticket?
8. Do I need a permit for a Block Party?
9. How can I register my bicycle with the Police Department?
10. Does the police department do fingerprinting?
11. What's the status of my case?
12. Is there an ordinance regarding noise?
13. What time is curfew in Batavia?